Just one stop away from Shinjuku Station, Hatsudai is a very conveniently located neighborhood just outside of the crowded downtown streets. The neighborhood has a fashionable and trendy vibe, which attracts apartment seekers who have an affinity for the lights and excitement around Shinjuku. But, the neighborhood is also very livable in terms of shopping convenience and slightly calmer atmosphere (compared to nearby downtown Shinjuku).
Average Rent in Hatsudai
|Apartment Type||Average Rent ($1 = ¥110)|
|1R 1K||¥104,400/month ($950)|
|1LDK 2K 2DK||¥172,100/month ($1,560)|
|2LDK 3K 3DK||¥265,900/month ($2,420)|
|Shinjuku||Keio Line, direct||3 min|
|Shibuya||Keio Line (Shinjuku), transfer to Yamanote||17 min|
|Tokyo||Keio Line (Shinjuku), transfer to Chuo||25 min|
|Shinagawa||Keio Line (Shinjuku), transfer to Yamanote||31 min|
|Roppongi||Keio Line (Shinjuku), transfer to Oedo||18 min|
|Yokohama, Kanagawa||Keio Line (Shinjuku), transfer to Shonan-Shinjuku||51 min|
Right next to Hatsudai Station is the New National Theatre Tokyo, a stunningly beautiful modern theatre for performing arts. This theatre is found north of Hatsudai Station, and a 15-minute walk south will bring you to the edge of Yoyogi Park. This location, with access to the arts, downtown Shinjuku, and the open space in Yoyogi Park, creates a welcoming and desirable neighborhood for both families and single apartment hunters.
Connected to the New National Theatre Tokyo is Tokyo Opera City, a towering shopping mall and office building. At the 53rd floor there are restaurants that command grand views over the Tokyo skyline. It’s a huge convenience to have this shopping complex in the neighborhood, since you’ll also find convenience stores and a post office in the basement.
Apartments for rent near Hatsudai Station:
- Nishi-Shinjuku-Gochome Station apartments
- Sangubashi Station apartments
- Yoyogi-Hachiman Station apartments
- Yoyogi-Uehara Station apartments
- Sasazuka Station apartments
Hatsudai has a lot to offer for both single apartment seekers and families. The convenience of Tokyo Opera City, space in Yoyogi Park, and easy access to Shinjuku, mean rent in Hatsudai can be slightly on the more expensive side compared to other neighborhoods in Tokyo. Browse our site and sort by price to find an apartment in the area at your budget! For example, 1LDK apartments in Hatsudai start at ¥110,000 per month!
Where should you live in Tokyo? Check out our Japan Area Guides to find the perfect place!
Lead photo: Guilhem Vellut via Flickr
- Yoyogi is a central Tokyo neighborhood which borders Shinjuku Station to the south and Shibuya Ward to the north. It is most well known for being home to Yoyogi Park and the National Stadium. It was the main venue for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics and will also be the main hub for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Yoyogi also enjoys an enduring location as a high-end, family-friendly residential area that straddles the suburban residential neighborhoods of western and central Tokyo. Read the in-depth guide to Yoyogi here!