Sangubashi is located in Shibuya Ward, just north of Yoyogi Park. The location of this residential neighborhood places it outside of the crowds of people around Shinjuku, and close to the open greenery found in Yoyogi Park. Apartments in the area are highly sought after, since this balance of short commute time and nearby natural scenery provides a very calm and accessible environment.
Average Rent in Sangubashi
|Apartment Type||Average Rent ($1 = ¥110)|
|1R 1K||¥104,500/month ($950)|
|1LDK 2K 2DK||¥212,000/month ($1,930)|
|2LDK 3K 3DK||¥335,700/month ($3,050)|
|Shinjuku||Odakyu, direct||4 min|
|Shibuya||Odakyu (Shinjuku), transfer to Yamanote||15 min|
|Tokyo||Odakyu (Shinjuku), transfer to Chuo||26 min|
|Shinagawa||Odakyu (Shinjuku), transfer to Yamanote||28 min|
|Roppongi||Odakyu (Shinjuku), transfer to Oedo||22 min|
|Yokohama, Kanagawa||Odakyu (Shinjuku), transfer to Yamanote (Shibuya), transfer to Tokyu Toyoko||52 min|
The calm nature of the neighborhood makes for a family-friendly location. Pair this with the proximity to neighborhoods like Hatsudai and Yoyogi Uehara for exploring slightly more urbanized neighborhoods with shopping malls and variety of restaurants, and you have the makings of a convenient area for anybody looking to live close to Shinjuku (but not actually in downtown Shinjuku).
Those looking into the area might want to do a little research on their closest supermarket before deciding on an apartment. A common comment from residents in the area is that while the neighborhood is very livable and calm, depending on where you are situated in the neighborhood you might find it a bit of a hassle to hoof it to the nearest supermarket.
Apartments for rent near Sangubashi Station:
- Yoyogi Station apartments
- Minami Shinjuku Station apartments
- Yoyogi Koen Station apartments
- Yoyogi Hachiman Station apartments
- Hatsudai Station apartments
Take a look through the listings on our website for apartments in the Sangubashi area. 1LDK apartments in Sangubashi start at roughly ¥160,000 per month! An apartment in a convenient location like this could be a great home for a couple commuting into Shinjuku!
Where should you live in Tokyo? Check out our Japan Area Guides to find the perfect place!
Lead photo: Genppy via Wikimedia Commons
- Yoyogi is a central Tokyo neighborhood which borders Shinjuku Station to the south and Shibuya Ward to the north. It is most well known for being home to Yoyogi Park and the National Stadium. It was the main venue for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics and will also be the main hub for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Yoyogi also enjoys an enduring location as a high-end, family-friendly residential area that straddles the suburban residential neighborhoods of western and central Tokyo. Read the in-depth guide to Yoyogi here!