You will find the neighborhood of Yutenji close to the center of Meguro Ward. Meguro Ward is well known in general for its number of stylish and trendy neighborhoods, including the likes of Naka-Meguro and Jiyugaoka. Yutenji lies more on the residential end of the spectrum of neighborhoods, but that could work in the favor of apartment seekers looking for a calm, livable neighborhood close to Shibuya.
Average Rent in Yutenji
|Apartment Type||Average Rent ($1 = ¥110)|
|1R 1K||¥104,800/month ($950)|
|1LDK 2K 2DK||¥183,400/month ($1,670)|
|2LDK 3K 3DK||¥232,900/month ($2,120)|
|Shinjuku||Toyoko (Shibuya), transfer to Yamanote||21 min|
|Shibuya||Toyoko, direct||6 min|
|Tokyo||Toyoko (Naka-Meguro), transfer to Hibiya (Kasumigaseki), transfer to Marunouchi||28 min|
|Shinagawa||Toyoko (Shibuya), transfer to Yamanote||28 min|
|Roppongi||Toyoko (Naka-Meguro), transfer to Hibiya||14 min|
|Yokohama, Kanagawa||Toyoko (Jiyugaoka), transfer to Toyoko Limited Express||26 min|
Yutenji enjoys a reputation as a pleasant and livable neighborhood on the outskirts of Shibuya. Close by areas like Naka-Meguro and Daikanyama might be more appealing to those looking for lively nightlife and cutting-edge Tokyo fashion. Although Yutenji isn’t as high-ranking in terms of popularity as the aforementioned neighborhoods, you’ll be just a quick train ride away from them.
Within Yutenji you will find the Sakae Dori Shopping Street, a small stretch of road that is home to local shops and restaurants. It’s an area that preserves the old-school traditional feel of Tokyo in the postwar era.
Apartments for rent near Yutenji Station:
- Naka-Meguro Station apartments
- Gakugei Daigaku Station apartments
- Ikejiriohashi Station apartments
- Sangenjaya Station apartments
The proximity to Shibuya and other popular areas of Tokyo make Yutenji a very convenient neighborhood. If you take a look at the listings for apartments in Yutenji on our site, you’ll find that 1R studio apartments in Yutenji can be found for as low as 60,000 per month!
Where should you live in Tokyo? Check out our Japan Area Guides to find the perfect place!
- Meguro is a predominantly residential ward, bordering Shibuya Ward to the south and located just west of the six central wards of Tokyo. It is known for its high-end residential neighborhoods, including Aobadai, Himonya, Takaban, and Kakinokizaka; and fashionable shopping areas such as Jiyugaoka and Naka Meguro. Meguro is a popular residential choice for foreigners living in Tokyo due to its relaxed living environment, abundant green spaces, and convenient location near Shibuya, Daikanyama, Ebisu, and Roppongi. Read the in-depth guide to Meguro Ward here!