The word-of-the-day is:
- English definition: Asking price or list price of a property
- The asking price is the advertised price of a property that is being listed for sale.
- In Japan, there are four basic factors that go into setting the asking price for newer construction:
- Determining the value of the land on which the property is located. In Japan, 70% to 80% of the value of a property resides in the actual land on which the property sits.
- Estimating the cost of new construction. Due to labor and materials shortages, construction costs have been soaring in Tokyo in the last few years.
- Determining the cost of advertising and selling the property.
- Deciding whether it’s possible to make a profit on the sale and how much.
- Of course, it’s also important to know how much comparable properties recently sold for.
- For these reasons, a seller’s agent can give you invaluable insight into how to maximize your selling price, help you present your home or investment property in the best light to buyers (for example, by staging the property, advertising it on the right platforms and using the right photos and property description).
Upcoming seminar: January 31, 2019 in Tokyo
Real Estate Japan Inc. and LINC Inc. are pleased to present a brand new series of seminars for resident foreigners in Japan who currently own property and are thinking about selling.
In the run up to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, many observers are saying that property prices, especially in Tokyo, have reached a peak. So if you own a home or investment property is now a good time to take profit?
Learn more and register here for the January 31st seminar.
Relevant Links and Articles
You may also be interested in:
- Osaka and Kansai Condominium Market Forecast 2019
- Tokyo Condominium Market Forecast 2019
- How to increase your Tokyo Condominium’s Rental Income: With the Elect Serviced Apartment Plan by Morio
- Checklist for renting an apartment in Japan
- Yen mortgage loan calculator: Use this to calculate how much you can afford to buy and borrow
- How big is a six tatami-mat room? See: Guide to Japanese floor plans with photos and kanji
- MLIT’s 2018 Kijin Chika Standard Land Price: Summary and Analysis
- Upfront costs of renting an apartment in Japan
- Avoiding hidden costs when renting an apartment in Japan
- How to sell property in Japan: Is 2019 the time to sell? – January 31, 2019 seminar
- Top 10 Stations for Foreigners Buying Property in Japan – For October, 2018
- Before you rent out your investment property in Japan, here’s what you need to do
- Loans to buy property in Japan from overseas
- List of English Speaking Real Estate Agents in Japan – Searchable list of bilingual and multilingual (Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese) real estate agents in Japan
- Buying your dream home in Japan – Your FAQs answered by a local real estate consultant
- Tokyo real estate – Current for sale listings
- Osaka real estate – Current for sale listings
- Aichi real estate – Current for sale listings
- Hokkaido real estate – Current for sale listings
- Okinawa real estate – Current for sale listings
- Can a foreigner buy property in Japan?
- Guide to Japanese real estate taxes
- How to claim tax deductions when you buy a home in 2019
- Which banks lend to foreigners to buy property in Japan?
Yesterday’s word-of-the-day: What is the difference between a manshon and an apaato in Japan?
Top photo: House for sale in Chofu Tokyo