- English definition: An owner change property is an investment property that is currently tenanted. From a buyer’s perspective, vacancy risk is reduced when buying an owner change property because the new owner can continue leasing the property to the current tenant. From the tenant’s perspective, there will simply be a change in their landlord.
- Owner change transactions are especially common in 1R studio unit investment properties.
- On Real Estate Japan, you can search for owner change properties by ticking the “owner change” box when you search for For Sale Properties.
Relevant Links and Articles
You may also be interested in:
- Osaka and Kansai Condominium Market Forecast 2019
- Tokyo Condominium Market Forecast 2019
- How to increase your Tokyo Condominium’s Rental Income: With the Elect Serviced Apartment Plan by Morio
- Checklist for renting an apartment in Japan
- Yen mortgage loan calculator: Use this to calculate how much you can afford to buy and borrow
- How big is a six tatami-mat room? See: Guide to Japanese floor plans with photos and kanji
- MLIT’s 2018 Kijin Chika Standard Land Price: Summary and Analysis
- Upfront costs of renting an apartment in Japan
- Avoiding hidden costs when renting an apartment in Japan
- How to sell property in Japan: Is 2019 the time to sell? – January 31, 2019 seminar
- Top 10 Stations for Foreigners Buying Property in Japan – For October, 2018
- Before you rent out your investment property in Japan, here’s what you need to do
- Loans to buy property in Japan from overseas
- List of English Speaking Real Estate Agents in Japan – Searchable list of bilingual and multilingual (Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese) real estate agents in Japan
- Buying your dream home in Japan – Your FAQs answered by a local real estate consultant
- Tokyo real estate – Current for sale listings
- Osaka real estate – Current for sale listings
- Aichi real estate – Current for sale listings
- Hokkaido real estate – Current for sale listings
- Okinawa real estate – Current for sale listings
- Can a foreigner buy property in Japan?
- Guide to Japanese real estate taxes
- How to claim tax deductions when you buy a home in 2019
- Which banks lend to foreigners to buy property in Japan?
Yesterday’s word-of-the-day: What is a 2LDK apartment?