GaijinPot Housing Service: Application Procedure
How to apply for an apartment through the Housing Service. It’s easy!
1 Five Steps to Renting an Apartment
When can I submit an application?
Before we explain the application process, just a short word about when you can submit an application. We, at the Housing Service, love people who plan ahead and kudos to you if you are beginning your apartment search well before you want to move in!
Unfortunately, however, the earliest you can inquire on a property is 4 to 5 weeks prior to your desired move-in date. If you submit your application before this time, we won’t be able to process it. Thank you for your understanding on this!
1. Search for an Apartment
- Search for eligible Housing Service properties here: GaijinPot Housing Service Apartments
- Pick ONE apartment that you are interested in applying for and fill out the short (name, email address, phone number) inquiry form. It will also speed up your application if in the message field, you tell us about your moving needs. For example, what is your desired move-in date and how many tenants there will be.
- We recommend you start looking for an apartment 4 to 5 weeks before you want to move in.
2. View the Apartment
We will arrange an appointment for you to view the property with the listing agent or the property manager.
You must have a working, reachable mobile phone in order to book a room view.
We will provide phone-based interpretation during the appointment.
Room view appointments can be arranged between 11:00am and 17:00pm.
If you are currently living overseas, you may, if you prefer, apply without seeing the property in person.
Please note that if you choose to apply without doing a room view and your application is accepted, you will not be able to view the apartment until after you have paid all the initial costs and signed the lease contract.
- Create a Real Estate Services account. A Housing Service advisor will email you an invitation to create a Real Estate Services account, which is the first step in applying for your apartment or house. Click on the link in the email to create your account. Or if you wish to create an account yourself, please register here.
- Complete your profile details.
- Click on the link in the email to go to “My Page” which is the home screen in your account. This is where you’ll be able to check on the status of your application.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile. The form will ask for your: gender, date of birth, marital status, visa status, nationality, address, phone number, employment info, co-tenants (if any), and emergency contacts.This is the information we’ll use to do a background check in order to determine your eligibility as a Housing Service tenant.
- Required Documents: There are three main documents you need to submit with your application: your passport, your residence card (both front and back) and your tax withholding slip or student ID, if you are currently a student. You can scan these documents and upload them to your account using our secure server, or if you wish you can also fax them to us at 03-5561-7756.We cannot process your application unless all your information is complete and you have submitted all the correct documents.
- Reason for Moving: Once you have completely filled in your profile details and have submitted the appropriate documents, please click the Application tab in the upper-righthand corner in your online account. On the Application page, you will see the application for the apartment you are about to apply for. Here, please enter your reason for moving and confirm your desired move-in date.
- We will do a background check. We will do a background check based on the info you submitted. We will call you and the people you put down as your emergency contacts, etc. to verify the info you sent. The background check usually takes about 1 to 4 days from the day you submit your application, depending on how soon and how smoothly we are able to reach you and your emergency contacts.
- Get the results of the background check. If you pass the background check, we’ll inform you by email to let you know that your application has been authorized for payment. If your application is declined, we will also inform you by email. Please note that we will not disclose any information regarding the reason for a declined application. You have three days from the day you receive the results of your application in order to choose a lease start date. The earliest lease start date you can choose is the 9th business day after the day you receive the results of your application.
We will calculate your initial move-in costs and send you an email with a link to a secure payment page.
Credit Card Payment
If you choose to pay the Housing Service registration fee with a credit card, you must continue to pay your rent and monthly fees with a credit card. You may not switch to another payment method.
We accept any VISA, MasterCard, American Express or JCB credit card issued in Japan or overseas.
Your monthly rent and monthly service fees will be automatically charged once you register your card on our secure online payment system.
Debit Card Payment
If you choose to pay the Housing Service registration fee with a debit card, you must continue to pay your rent and monthly fees using the same method. You may not switch to using a credit card.
For a detailed explanation of the fees associated with the Housing Service, please see: GaijinPot Housing Service Fees.
5. Sign the lease
- You can sign the lease in-person at our office in Higashi Azabu near Tokyo Tower. Alternatively, we can email you a PDF which you can print out, sign, and return to us. If you don’t have access to a printer, we can mail you a hard copy of the lease to sign and return.
- Everything will be in English. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
- Get your keys and move in!
2 Where is your office located? Where should I go to sign the lease?
GaijinPot Housing Service
Higashi-Azabu IS bldg. 4F,
Higashi-Azabu 1-8-1 Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0044