Housing Service for Foreigners Who Want to Rent Apartment in Japan

Renting an apartment in Japan can be stressful. The GPM Housing Service is designed to make it easy! Choose from 2,700+ properties. Bilingual support. Credit card payment. No guarantor required. Apply from overseas and have your place set up before you arrive. We make it easy to rent your home in Japan!


1 Why apply for an apartment through the GPM Housing Service?

Foreigner Friendly

All Foreigner-Friendly Properties

All Housing Service properties have been pre-approved by the landlord or property manager to be rented to foreigners.

Your nationality will never a factor in your application.

Apply From Overseas

Have your place set up before you arrive in Japan

Most real estate agents and property managers in Japan will not take applications from overseas applicants.

With the Housing Service, you can apply from your home country and move in right away when you arrive.


No Guarantor Needed!

No guarantor required

Almost all landlords in Japan require that you have a guarantor.
This can be a big hurdle if you are new to Japan and don’t know anyone here who can be your guarantor.

With the Housing Service, we will not ask you to provide a guarantor!

Credit Card OK!

Credit card payment

Pay all your up-front costs and monthly rent with a credit card.
You do not need to have a Japanese bank account. This is usually a requirement when renting an apartment in Japan.
We also accept debit cards and domestic bank transfer, but at an additional cost.

English Speaking Support!

All in English

End-to-end service in English from the room view, to application, to post-move-in support, including utility set up and if anything goes wrong with the apartment.

Get Up to ¥1,000,000 Cash Back

Sign a lease with a contract start date of March 31, 2017 or earlier and get one month’s rent FREE.

Get the details here.

One Month FREE Rent Campaign


2 Who is eligible to apply?


English speaker

We provide bilingual support in English and Japanese.

Long-term Visa holder

For example: Working, Student, Permanent Resident, Spouse
Tourist Visas are not accepted

Stay in the apartment for a minimun of 6 months