Finding an apartment in Japan can be stressful and confusing.
Let the REJ Room Finder find an apartment for you, so you can concentrate on your studies and all the fun stuff!
Usual Requirements for Renting an Apartment in Japan
Did you know that to rent an apartment in Japan:
- You cannot apply from overseas.
- Have to have a Japanese bank account.
- Have to have a Japanese guarantor.
- Have to have at least conversational Japanese to speak with the agent and/or landlord.
- Have to fill out your lease application in Japanese.
Why Use the REJ Room Finder Service
The REJ Room Finder is a concierge room finder service for foreign students studying at Japanese universities and Japanese language schools.
- You can apply from your home country and have your place set up before you even arrive.
- You don’t need a Japanese bank account to apply.
- You can even pay your move-in costs and rent with a credit card.
- You don’t need a guarantor.
- You don’t need to speak or read Japanese.
- Our bilingual staff will walk you through the entire process, from suggesting properties, to filling out the application, and from the room view to the lease signing. All in English.
Let the REJ Room Finder service do the work of finding the perfect room for you!
What Kind of Apartments Are Available?
We currently have over 2,000 apartments throughout Japan that are eligible for the REJ Room Finder service.
We also have developed special relationships with agents and property managers in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and other cities around Japan. With these contacts, we’re able to offer students our concierge room finder service.
This means that based on your search criteria, we can approach agents and property managers with your specific requirements and ask them to make available an apartment that is just right for you.
You may also have heard that some landlords and property managers are hesitant to rent apartments to foreigners in Japan.
Please rest assured that all of the apartments we recommend have already been cleared by the landlord or property manager to be foreigner friendly. Your nationality will not be a factor in whether you are accepted or rejected for an apartment.
Here are just a few examples of apartments that are currently available.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from all English-speaking university or Japanese language school students, whether you are applying from overseas or are already in Japan. Also feel free to contact us if you already have an apartment here, but are looking to move when your current lease contract expires.
We also work in partnership with the Gaijinpot Student Placement Program, and will help you find housing if you’ve already been accepted to one of the schools included in the program.
No fees and no obligations when you inquire
Please note that there is a registration fee and and monthly service fee for renting an apartment through this service, but you are under no obligation to apply to any of the apartments we recommend.
When you inquire, we’ll get back to you with as many recommendations as we can, at no charge. If we recommend something that fits your needs, we’ll help you apply for the apartment and also provide a detailed explanation of the fees, which vary by property. If not, you do not have to pay any fees.
Please inquire for more details!