In this month’s installment of the “no key money, no deposit, no agency fee apartment” series, we feature apartments at various price points (from high mid-range to budget) in central Tokyo locations, or at least with a doable commute to major stations.
The point we want to make is that it’s perfectly possible to find an apartment in Tokyo without sky high move-in costs.
For a list of properties in other parts of Japan, please go here. We currently list over 3,500 properties throughout Japan that don’t charge a deposit, key money, or agency fee.
If you are looking for a list of short-term rentals in Tokyo, please see: Short-Term Apartments for Rent in Tokyo
Where: Excellent location in Nishi (West) Shinjuku. One minute walk from Nishi Gochome Stn on the Toei Oedo line.
- Total Monthly Cost: ¥173,400 ($1538)/month
- Size: 27.91-sqm (290-sqft)
- Floor: 5th floor in 15-story building
- Notes: Fully furnished right down to cooking utensils and bedding. Super convenient with lots of shopping and entertainment nearby. WiFi included. Short-term stay available. Credit card payment available.
Where: Excellent location 9-min walk from Hiroo Station on the Hibiya line. Hiroo is a popular ex-pat neighborhood with excellent shopping and dining.
- Total Monthly Cost: ¥138,795 ($1,231)/month
- Size: 20.3-sqm (218-sqft)
- Floor: 5th floor in 6-story building
- Notes: Building constructed in 2013. High-end materials, pets OK. Get one month’s rent cash back if you sign a lease with a contract start date of January 31, 2018 or earlier. Please inquire for details.
Where: Great location, 10-min walk from Asakusa Station on the Tsukuba Express line. Easy commute to Ueno and Tokyo Stn.
Total Monthly Cost: ¥103,685 ($920)/month
- Size: 25.5-sqm (274-sqft)
- Floor: 3rd-floor in 11-story building
- Notes: Building constructed in 2016. High-end materials, pets OK. Get one month’s rent cash back if you sign a lease with a contract start date of January 31, 2018 or earlier. Please inquire for details.
Where: 15-min walk from Tachikawa Station on the JR Nambu line, about 45-min total commute to Shinjuku Station.
Total Monthly Cost: ¥99,845 ($837)/month
- Size: 77.72-sqm (274-sqft)
- Floor: 3rd-floor in 4-story building
- Notes: Get a lot more space for your yen in Tokyo’s western suburbs! Japanese and western-style rooms. Get one month’s rent cash back if you sign a lease with a contract start date of January 31, 2018 or earlier.
Where: 8-min walk to bus stop, then 8-min ride to Musashi Murayama Stn on the Seibu Hajima line. Approximate total commute time to Shinjuku station is 1-hour 15-minutes.
Total Monthly Cost: ¥44,000 ($390)/month
- Size: 20.28-sqm (219-sqft)
- Floor: 1st-floor in 2-story building
- Notes: Furnished apartment. Short application screening process (move-in possible in two days).