Tekkotsu Tekkin Konkurīto or SRC
- English definition: Steel Reinforced Concrete. This is considered the building material with the highest earthquake resistance.
- Often referred to in Japanese as “SRC”.
- SRC is concrete in which steel is embedded in such a manner that the two materials act together in resisting forces. The reinforcing steel—rods, bars, or mesh—absorbs the tensile, shear, and sometimes the compressive stresses in a concrete structure. (Source: britannica.com)
- RC stands for “reinforced concrete”. This is concrete that contains embedded steel bars, plates, or fibers that strengthen the material.
- On Real Estate Japan, property listings for both For Sale and For Rent properties will show the property’s building structure, if this information has been provided by the agent. The most common building structures used in apartment buildings are steel reinforced concrete (SRC) and reinforced concrete (RC). For single family-homes, the most common building structure is wood.
Real Estate Japan‘s word-of-the-day for January 13, 2019
Relevant Links and Articles
You may also be interested in:
- Checklist for renting an apartment in Japan
- Upfront costs of renting an apartment in Japan
- Avoiding hidden costs when renting an apartment in Japan
- Investing in Tokyo Real Estate – January 17, 2019 seminar for beginners
- How to sell property in Japan: Is 2019 the time to sell? – January 31, 2019 seminar
- Top 10 Stations for Foreigners Buying Property in Japan – For October, 2018
- Before you rent out your investment property in Japan, here’s what you need to do
- Loans to buy property in Japan from overseas
- List of English Speaking Real Estate Agents in Japan – Searchable list of bilingual and multilingual (Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese) real estate agents in Japan
- Buying your dream home in Japan – Your FAQs answered by a local real estate consultant
- Tokyo real estate – Current for sale listings
- Osaka real estate – Current for sale listings
- Aichi real estate – Current for sale listings
- Hokkaido real estate – Current for sale listings
- Okinawa real estate – Current for sale listings
- Can a foreigner buy property in Japan?
- Guide to Japanese real estate taxes
- How to claim tax deductions when you buy a home in 2019
- Which banks lend to foreigners to buy property in Japan?
Browse our comprehensive listings and find your ideal apartment in Tokyo and Japan!
Lead photo: Example of steel reinforced concrete construction