Ahhh, Roppongi. Love it, hate it, or don’t spend any time thinking about it: whatever your feelings about Roppongi…it is undeniably one of the most popular residential choices for 20- and 30-somethings who want to live right in the city center and who can afford city-center prices.
The average rent in Roppongi is not inexpensive. Currently, the average rent for a 1K apartment in Roppongi is ¥134,100 ($1,236 USD). A “1K” apartment is a studio apartment with a kitchen separated by a wall.
Below, we take a look at a few long-term apartments currently available for ¥100,000 ($921) or less per month.
If you are looking for a short-term rental, please see this list instead: short-term apartments in Roppongi.
For a complete list of all available apartments, as different price points, please see: Roppongi apartments
When budgeting for move-in costs, always remember to account for the deposit, agency fee, and sometimes key money. These move-in costs can add 3 months’ rent or more to your upfront costs!
- Where: Roppongi Station (5 min-walk) on the Hibiya line. In the Nishi Azabu neighborhood near Aoyama Park South
- Total Monthly Cost: ¥98,000 ($903)/month
- Key Money: None
- Deposit: ¥90,000
- Agency Fee: ¥45,000
- Size: 22.05 m² (237-sqft)
- Floor: 6th-floor in 6-story building
- Year built: 1985
- Notes: Common area washers & dryers on first floor. Other upfront move-in costs are also required. Please see the listing for details.
- Where: Roppongi Station (9 min-walk) on the Hibiya line. In the Moto Azabu neighborhood
- Total Monthly Cost: ¥96,000 ($885)/month
- Key Money: None
- Deposit: ¥89,000
- Agency Fee: ¥89,000
- Size: 26.31 m² (279-sqft)
- Floor: 3rd-floor in 3-story building, corner unit
- Year built: 1984
- Notes: The agent providing this listing, Nihon Agent Inc., provides free assistance with utility and Internet set up. Apartment has space for indoor washing machine hook-up. Other upfront move-in costs are also required. Please see the listing for details.
- Where: Roppongi Station (10 min-walk) on the Hibiya line. In the Nishi Azabu neighborhood
- Total Monthly Cost: ¥99,000 ($913)/month
- Key Money: ¥99,000
- Deposit: ¥99,000
- Agency Fee: ¥106,920
- Size: 21.30 m²(226-sqft)
- Floor: 9th-floor in 14-story building, corner unit
- Year built: 2006
- Notes: Please note the year built. Newer units will usually go for higher rent and be more likely to charge key money. Auto lock, two-burner stove, toilet separate from shower, WiFi installed.
You may also be interested in: Guide to living in Roppongi