The overall average rent for the major municipalities in Chiba prefecture is ¥64,412 ($606), but of course average rent varies widely by the size and location of the property, among many other factors.
|Chiba Prefecture average monthly rent in JPY||40,281||41,277||50,267||62,729||77,640||96,274|
Main factors affecting how rent is set
There are many factors that affect average rent. Even units in the same building can have different rent, depending on some of the main factors below.
- Size and layout
- Distance from nearest station (measured by number of minutes to walk to station)
- Year built
- Construction material (wood, reinforced concrete, steel-reinforced concrete, steel frame)
- Floor number (the higher the floor, the higher the rent. First-floor apartments are on average less expensive)
- Corner unit (corner units have higher average rent than middle units on the same floor)
- Direction facing (south-facing apartments on average have higher rent)
- Examples include pre-installed A/C unit, auto lock, on-site building manager, garbage room, whether is a balcony and size of balcony, availability of on-site parking, availability of earthquake resistant construction. For very high-end apartments, amenities can include on-site gym, bilingual concierge service, party room, communal observation deck, city views from high floors, and much more.
Main municipalities in Chiba – By Average Monthly Rent and Layout
Apartment layouts in Japan are described by the number of rooms + the living/dining/kitchen area, if any.
In the charts below:
- 1R = 1 Room: One room studio apartment. Usually between 13-sqm and 20-sqm in size.
- 1K = K stands for kitchen. One-room studio apartment with a kitchen that is usually separated from the other room by a wall. Usually between 13-sqm and 25-sqm of floor space.
- 1DK = D stands for dining, K stands for kitchen. Two-room apartment with a kitchen and dining space that is separated from the other room. Usually between 25-sqm and 30-sqm of floor space.
- 1LDK = L stands for living, D stands for dining, K stands for kitchen. One-bedroom apartment with a living/dining room and a kitchen separate from the living/dining area. Usually between 23-sqm and 35-sqm of floor space.
- 2LDK = Two-bedroom apartment with a living/dining room and a kitchen separate from the living/dining area. Usually between 40-sqm and 80-sqm of floor space but can be bigger in the case of higher-end apartments.
- 3LDK = Three-bedroom apartment with a living/dining room and a kitchen separate from the living/dining area. Usually at least 70-sqm of living space but can be bigger in the case of higher-end apartments.
- 4LDK = Four-bedroom apartment with a living/dining room and a kitchen separate from the living/dining area.
AVERAGE MONTHLY RENT IN CHIBA BY WARD AND BY LAYOUT IN JPY
Source: National Association of Real Estate Transaction Associations (全国宅地建物取業協会連合会), August 2020 Data
Please click on the ward name to see properties currently available for rent in this ward.
|Chuo Ward – Chiba City||42,000||41,700||55,200||76,000||99,800||102,900|
|Hanamigawa Ward – Chiba City||36,000||44,900||52,200||65,700||82,900||94,300|
|Inage Ward – Chiba City||33,800||41,900||54,000||65,700||86,800||123,500|
|Wakaba Ward – Chiba City||38,100||39,500||46,700||56,200||70,000||112,500|
|Midori Ward – Chiba City||45,000||39,300||46,900||58,100||67,200||99,000|
|Mihama Ward – Chiba City||73,300||44,900||59,900||59,500||84,300||180,000|
You may also be interested in:
- What is the average rent in Tokyo?
- What is the average rent in Machida?
- What is the average rent in Hachioji?
- What is the average rent in Mitaka?
- What is the average rent in Osaka?
National Association of Real Estate Transaction Associations (全国宅地建物取業協会連合会), August 2020