GaijinPot Housing Service: How to Rent an Apartment in Japan as a Foreigner
Learn how to rent an apartment in Japan, whether you're applying domestically or from overseas. This webinar will be presented by the GaijinPot Housing Service and will be held live online on Wednesday, July 7th from 6:30PM to 7:30PM (JST).
- GaijinPot Housing Service
- 6:30 pm
- This seminar will be held online and virtually hosted in Tokyo
The GaijinPot Housing Service is pleased to present our first online seminar on how to rent an apartment in Japan as a foreigner.
Whether you’re currently living in Japan or overseas, if you want to learn the ins and outs of renting a home in Japan, this seminar is designed for you! The apartment renting process in Japan is similar in some ways to that in other countries, but really different in others, beginning with the cultural and language barrier.
If you want to rent a property on your own without the hassle of dealing with everything by yourself and are struggling with Japanese, what’s the best way to go about finding housing?
In this seminar, GaijinPot Housing Service staff will discuss the following:
- Procedures for renting an apartment in Japan as a foreigner
- The basic aspects of our service and its benefits
- The pros and cons of subleasing as opposed to renting a property on your own
- What fees are required to use the GaijinPot Housing Service
- As well as other frequently asked questions (FAQ). Here are just a few examples of questions we’ll be answering:
- When should I start my apartment search?
- Can I have a pet in my apartment?
- What exactly is a guarantor and what if I don’t have one?
- Q & A
We’ll be holding a Q&A session at the end of the presentation to answer any questions that weren’t already covered in the FAQ portion of the webinar.
The GaijinPot Housing Service lists over 3,200 foreigner-friendly apartments throughout Japan. Click on the link below to see what properties are currently available!
The GaijinPot Housing Service regularly publishes articles on renting and living in Japan, covering a wide range of topics from featured properties in popular neighborhoods, to practical tips and advice for setting up your apartment and your life in Japan!
Here are a few of our most popular articles on renting an apartment in Japan:
- What are the best video streaming services to use in Japan?
- Moving to Japan after the travel ban is lifted? Here are 4 things to consider
- Moving in Tokyo as an international couple
- Top 5 unrealistic expectations about finding an apartment in Japan
- When you move in Japan here’s the paperwork you’ll need to do
- 5 things to consider before you buy a car in Japan
- 8 features of Japanese apartments that you might not expect
This seminar is designed for foreign residents and foreigners currently outside Japan who are planning to move here. Even if you’re currently outside Japan or live in Japan and don’t speak Japanese, we are able to help with your housing search!
We look forward to seeing you online!
GaijinPot Housing Service
Cindy has been helping English speakers in Japan find homes for almost two years. After moving three times herself, she has gone through challenges many other foreigners and non-Japanese speaking locals have. Cindy hopes that her experience with the real estate industry can help others find the right home.