How to Apply for Permanent Residency in Japan and How it Can Help You Reach Your Home Ownership and Real Estate Investment Goals
- Real Estate Japan
- 7:00 pm
- 4F Higashi-Azabu IS Bldg. 1-8-1 Higashi-Azabu Minato-ku, Tokyo
Update: Please note that this seminar is fully booked. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
We plan to hold a seminar on this topic in May. Please check the main seminar page for the date and to register.
Real Estate Japan Inc. is pleased to present this brand new series of investment seminars for foreigners who are interested in learning about the benefits of getting permanent residency (PR) in Japan and how this status can significantly improve the financing conditions for getting a home or real estate investment loan.
If you are already resident in Japan under a work visa, you may already be aware of the various benefits of getting permanent residency status.
Did you also know that permanent residents of Japan are eligible for property investment loans with much lower down payment requirements or even zero down payment?
Here are just a few examples of how permanent residency can help longer-term foreign residents of Japan achieve their home ownership and investment goals:
- Since the Suruga Bank scandal broke last year, it has been almost impossible to get a property investment loan from a Japanese bank, even for Japanese citizens. If you are resident in Japan with a working visa, the bar is even higher to get an investment loan from a Japanese bank. However, with permanent residency, you will be eligible to apply for an investment loan and also be eligible for a much lower down payment.
- If you are resident in Japan with a working visa, you can apply for a home loan from a Japanese bank. However, if you are applying as a foreigner with a working visa, banks will usually ask you to put down twenty per cent of the property price. As a permanent resident applying for a home loan, however, you will be eligible or a much lower down payment or even zero down payment.
- The Bank of Japan’s negative interest rate policy means that home mortgage loan rates are at historic lows in Japan. In January 2019, MUFJ was offering rates as low as 0.48% for a 30-year fixed-rate loan. As a permanent resident, you would be able to borrow at historically low rates to buy your home in Japan.
We will be discussing the following topics:
- The requirements and process for applying for permanent residency.
- Explanation of permanent residency application support services
- How loan underwriting is different for foreign residents with a working visa versus permanent-residency status.
- How and why you will get much better financing terms if you apply for a property loan with permanent-residency-status.
- Overview of the real estate market in Japan.
Private consultations are available by appointment
For a private consultation, please indicate in the form below a few dates and times when you would be available for a meeting following the seminar.
Our partner, LINC Inc. is able to offer highly personalized consultation, including:
Property information from REINS (the Japanese version of the Multiple Listing Service) as well as additional information from local agents.
Consulting with banks to find out how much you can borrow.
Provide Income/Expenditure spreadsheets for properties you are interested in, including costs involved in finding tenants.
Free, no obligation evaluation of your eligibility for Permanent Residency
Real Estate Japan Inc. also partners with an administrative scrivener (行政書士, Gyōsei shoshi) who can provide an initial, no obligation evaluation of your eligibility for Permanent Residency.
Real Estate Japan Inc. staff will be providing English-Japanese interpretation for speakers and attendees.
The seminar will be held in the meeting rooms at Real Estate Japan Inc., which shares offices with GPlus Media Inc. We are located on the 4th floor of the IS Building in Higashi Azabu.
This seminar is brought to you by Real Estate Japan Inc.
GPlus Media Inc. Yasuhiro Kitagawa
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan for six years. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan's investment support services for foreigners.
LINC Inc., Chief Executive Officer Shinichi Kawamura
After years of managerial experience at one of the world's leading homebuilders in Japan, he received an MBA while working overseas. He specializes in providing consultation services in the real estate industry by partnering with professionals such lawyers, accountants, architects, and designers, etc. to find optimal solutions for clients.
LINC Inc., Chief Operating Officer Daishi Yasa
Ten years of brokerage experience for both residential and investment properties at a leading real estate company in Japan. More than 1,000 people have attended his seminars in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.