How to Apply for Permanent Residency in Japan and How it Can Help You Reach Your Home Ownership and Real Estate Investment Goals
Learn about the benefits of getting permanent residency (PR) in Japan and how this status can significantly improve the financing conditions for getting a home or real estate investment loan. Doors open at 6:45PM. The seminar will be held from 7PM to 8PM.
- Real Estate Japan
- 7:00 pm
- 4F Higashi-Azabu IS Bldg. 1-8-1 Higashi-Azabu Minato-ku, Tokyo
Real Estate Japan Inc. is pleased to present this series of investment seminars for foreigners who are interested in learning about the benefits of getting permanent residency (PR) in Japan and how this status can significantly improve the financing conditions for getting a home or real estate investment loan.
If you are already resident in Japan under a work visa, you may already be aware of the various benefits of getting permanent residency status.
Did you also know that permanent residents of Japan are eligible for property investment loans with much lower down payment requirements or even zero down payment?
Here are just a few examples of how permanent residency can help longer-term foreign residents of Japan achieve their home ownership and investment goals:
- Since the Suruga Bank scandal broke last year, it has been almost impossible to get a property investment loan from a Japanese bank, even for Japanese citizens. If you are resident in Japan with a working visa, the bar is even higher to get an investment loan from a Japanese bank. However, with permanent residency, you will be eligible to apply for an investment loan and also be eligible for a much lower down payment.
- If you are resident in Japan with a working visa, you can apply for a home loan from a Japanese bank. However, if you are applying as a foreigner with a working visa, banks will usually ask you to put down twenty per cent of the property price. As a permanent resident applying for a home loan, however, you will be eligible or a much lower down payment or even zero down payment.
- The Bank of Japan’s negative interest rate policy means that home mortgage loan rates are at historic lows in Japan. In January 2019, MUFJ was offering rates as low as 0.48% for a 30-year fixed-rate loan. As a permanent resident, you would be able to borrow at historically low rates to buy your home in Japan.
We will be discussing the following topics:
- The requirements and process for applying for permanent residency.
- Explanation of permanent residency application support services
- How loan underwriting is different for foreign residents with a working visa versus permanent-residency status.
- How and why you will get much better financing terms if you apply for a property loan with permanent-residency-status.
- Overview of the real estate market in Japan.
- New for this seminar, we will also be discussing the requirements and process for applying for the highly-skilled professional visa.
Private consultations are available by appointment
For a private consultation, please indicate in the form below a few dates and times when you would be available for a meeting following the seminar.
Our partner, ACROSEED Co. Ltd. are immigration law experts who provide professional support services for foreigners living in Japan.
Free, no obligation evaluation of your eligibility for Permanent Residency or the Highly-Skilled Professional Visa.
The seminar will be held in the meeting rooms at Real Estate Japan Inc., which shares offices with GPlus Media Inc. We are located on the 4th floor of the IS Building in Higashi Azabu.
This seminar is brought to you by Real Estate Japan Inc. in partnership with ACROSEED Co. Ltd.
ACROSEED Co. Ltd., established in 1991, are licensed administrative scriveners, labor and social security attorneys, and tax accountants who provide professional services for resident foreigners in Japan. For corporate clients, they provide assistance with visa processing for foreign employees, insurance procedures and payroll services in English, and consultation for employing foreigners. For individual clients, they provide assistance with international marriages, applications for permanent residency, and support services for business establishment.
GPlus Media Inc. Yasuhiro Kitagawa
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan for six years. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan's investment support services for foreigners.
Immigration Lawyer, ACROSEED Co. Ltd. Makoto Sano
Our mission is to contribute to the harmony and vital globalization of Japanese society and to provide professional services for foreigners and companies that employ foreigners.
Immigration Lawyer, ACROSEED Co. Ltd. Masashi Miyagawa
Specializes in applications for permanent residency, Japanese citizenship, international marriage and divorce procedures, and corporate support for foreign entrepreneurs. He is also a frequent lecturer on issues related to employing foreigners in Japan.