How to Buy a House in Japan: Buying in Cash, Buying an Akiya
Online version of our popular series of seminars on how to buy your dream home (not investment property) in Japan. The seminar will be held live online Saturday, April 23rd from 11AM to Noon (Japan Standard Time).
- Real Estate Japan
- 11:00 am
- This seminar will be held online and virtually hosted in Tokyo
Real Estate Japan is pleased to present the next online version of our popular series of seminars on buying your dream home in Japan.
We’ll be covering the basics of buying a home, including:
- Real estate market trends
- Interest rates
- Financing options based on your visa status
- Government subsidies to help you with a home purchase
- Tax benefits and tax deductions
- How to negotiate the purchase price
- Other topics include:
- Issues to consider when buying an akiya (vacant home) in Japan
- How COVID-19 is affecting the Japanese real estate market
We will also be covering the advantages and considerations for purchasing a home in all cash.
This seminar is designed for foreign residents of Japan, but our partner LINC Inc. is also able to provide assistance to overseas residents who are interested in buying a home in Japan.
Q&A session will be held at the end of the online seminar
Make sure to take notes of questions you have during the seminar, as we will hold a Q&A session at the end. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions about the home buying process and get first-hand expert advice!
Free, online consultations are available by appointment
For a private consultation, please indicate that you would like to request an appointment on the registration form. A consultant from LINC Inc. will contact you.
Our partner, LINC is able to offer personalized consultation, including the following.
Property information from REINS (the Japanese version of the Multiple Listing Service) as well as additional information from local agents.
Consulting with banks to find out how much you can borrow.
Provide Income/Expenditure spreadsheets for properties you are interested in, including costs involved in finding tenants.
- Please note that LINC is only able to offer private consultations for buyers looking for a home in the city of Tokyo. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Properties currently for sale
All the agents listing properties on Real Estate Japan are able to assist clients in English and Japanese; some of our partner agents are also able to communicate in Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
Before attending the seminar, you may want to look through properties currently available on Real Estate Japan to see if there are any of interest. If so, you can inquire directly to the agent handling the listing by filling out the inquiry form on the property detail page. Please click the links below to see current listings:
Real Estate Japan regularly publishes articles on buying, selling, and investing in property in Japan, covering a wide of topics from data and market reports to macroeconomic trends and featured properties from around the country.
Here are a few of our most popular articles on home buying:
- Guide to buying a home in Japan
- Mortgage loan tax deduction incentives for homeowners to be extended in 2022
- Tokyo apartment market forecast: Trends to watch for in 2022
- Kansai apartment market forecast: Trends to watch for in 2022
- Top 10 places outside Tokyo, for foreign homebuyers in Japan
- Sales of pre-owned apartments and homes in greater Tokyo reach record high in 2021
- Average price of an apartment in Japan in 2021 — Ranked by Prefecture
- Questions to ask when buying a condominium in Japan
- Akiya banks in Japan — Links to vacant house databases by prefecture
- What to ask before buying a vacant house in Japan
- Where do foreigners want to buy homes in Tokyo? Here are the Top 5 most popular stations
Please visit the Resources section to see all of our articles.
Chief Executive Officer
After years of managerial experience at one of the world's leading homebuilders in Japan, he received an MBA while working overseas. He specializes in providing consultation services in the real estate industry by partnering with professionals such lawyers, accountants, architects, and designers, etc. to find optimal solutions for clients.