How to Buy Your Dream Home in Japan: And How to Leverage Your Residency Status to Get Better Financing
This is part of the popular seminar series on how to buy your dream home (not investment property) in Japan. Doors open at 10:45AM. The seminar will be held from 11AM to Noon.
- Real Estate Japan
- 11:00 am
- 4F Higashi-Azabu IS Bldg. 1-8-1 Higashi-Azabu Minato-ku, Tokyo
Real Estate Japan Inc. is pleased to present this popular series of seminars on buying your dream home in Japan.
In this seminar, we will cover the basics of buying a home, including:
- The process of buying a home in Japan
- How to get financing as a foreigner
- How your residency status can significantly affect financing terms. For example, if you have Permanent Residency (PR) you may be able to buy a home with no money down.
- Simulations of how the planned consumption tax increase in October 2019 will affect the various components of your final purchase price
- An overview of Japan’s currently ultra-low interest rate environment and simulations of how your total re-payment amount will change depending on what interest rate you get
- What to look for when doing a property viewing
- How to negotiate the purchase price
- Tax benefits and tax deductions
- Government subsidies to help with a home purchase
This seminar is designed for foreign residents of Japan.
There will be ample time for questions after the formal presentation. This is a unique opportunity to get unbiased information about the practical aspects of buying a home in Japan.
Private consultations are available by appointment
For a private consultation, please indicate in the form below a few dates and times when you would be available for a meeting following the seminar.
Our partner, LINC Inc. is able to offer highly personalized consultation, including the following. Real Estate Japan Inc. will be providing language support services.
Property information from REINS (the Japanese version of the Multiple Listing Service) as well as additional information from local agents.
Consulting with banks to find out how much you can borrow.
Provide Income/Expenditure spreadsheets for properties you are interested in, including costs involved in finding tenants.
- Please note that we are only able to offer private consultations for buyers looking for a home in the city of Tokyo. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The seminar is free, but seating is limited and previous seminars have filled up quickly, so please register below.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Real Estate Japan Inc. staff will be providing English-Japanese interpretation for speakers and attendees.
The seminar will be held in the meeting rooms at Real Estate Japan Inc., which shares offices with GPlus Media Inc. We are located on the 4th floor of the IS Building in Higashi Azabu.
This seminar is brought to you by Real Estate Japan Inc.
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan for six years. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan's investment support services for foreigners.
Chief Executive Officer
After years of managerial experience at one of the world's leading homebuilders in Japan, he received an MBA while working overseas. He specializes in providing consultation services in the real estate industry by partnering with professionals such lawyers, accountants, architects, and designers, etc. to find optimal solutions for clients.
LINC Inc., Chief Operating Officer
Ten years of brokerage experience for both residential and investment properties at a leading real estate company in Japan. More than 1,000 people have attended his seminars in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.