How to Invest in Japanese Real Estate: From Traditional to AirBnB-Style Vacation Rentals
The latest installment in our series of seminars for foreign residents of Japan who are interested in getting started in real estate investment, from traditional to AirBnb-style vacation rentals. Doors open at 10:45AM. The seminar will be held from 11AM to Noon.
- 11:00 am
- 4F Higashi-Azabu IS Bldg. 1-8-1 Higashi-Azabu Minato-ku, Tokyo
Real Estate Japan Inc. is pleased to present the newest installment in our series of investment seminars for foreigners who are interested in taking the first step in Japanese real estate investment: whether with traditional single-unit and whole building or AirBnB-style vacation rentals.
In this seminar we will be discussing the whole range of residential and vacation-style investment properties.
We will be discussing the following topics and more:
- How your residency status can significantly change the financing terms that Japanese banks will offer
- Getting mid-risk, mid-level returns by targeting properties with specific criteria that have proven to perform.
- Three big macro-economic and policy shifts that will cause the more properties to come online after 2020.
- Historic price data and price projections showing how residential property prices are on a declining trend and what to do about it.
- Upcoming changes to the earthquake-resistance building code and how this might affect your choice of property.
- As an owner, why you should use a guarantor company to manage tenant-related risks
- The importance of actually viewing a property (even when you can’t enter the property) and what to look for.
- Which banks lend to non-Japanese borrowers in Japan.
- How to invest in Airbnb-style properties to achieve much higher than average yields. More specifically, how can you achieve a 24% yield from investing in Airbnb-style rentals, vacation properties and hotels?
- Market overview of the hotel and Airbnb (vacation rental) industries
- How to manage Airbnb-style properties
- Case studies
AirBnB Investments are by Cash-only
One important thing to note is that Airbnb-style property investment is only possible if you are an all-cash buyer. Japanese banks are not able to offer loans for this type of investment property because of appraisal issues.
How to get preferential financing for other types of investment
For other types of property investment, your residency status (visa status) significantly affects the financing terms you will qualify for.
Free No-Obligation Consultations
For a private consultation, please indicate in the form below a few dates and times when you would be available for a meeting following the seminar.
Our partner agent, LINC Inc., is able to offer highly personalized consultation based on your investment objectives.
The seminar will be held in the meeting rooms at Real Estate Japan Inc., which shares offices with GPlus Media Inc. We are located on the 4th floor of the IS Building in Higashi Azabu.
This seminar is brought to you by Real Estate Japan Inc. and our staff will be providing Japanese-English interpretation for presenters and attendees. We look forward to seeing you there!
Real Estate Japan Inc., General Manager Yasuhiro Kitagawa
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan Inc. for six years, the last four as General Manager. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan Inc.'s investment support services for foreigners.
LINC Inc., Chief Executive Officer Shinichi Kawamura
After years of managerial experience at one of the world's leading homebuilders in Japan, he received an MBA while working overseas. He specializes in providing consultation services in the real estate industry by partnering with professionals such lawyers, accountants, architects, and designers, etc. to find optimal solutions for clients.
LINC Inc., Chief Operating Officer Daishi Yasa
Ten years of brokerage experience for both residential and investment properties at a leading real estate company in Japan. More than 1,000 people have attended his seminars in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.