How to Sell Your Home in Japan – Whether You’re Living in Japan or Overseas
The next installment in our popular series of webinars on how to sell your home in Japan, with a focus on considerations for foreigners who currently own residential real estate in Japan. The seminar will be held live online on Saturday, January 15th from 11AM to 12:30PM (Japan Standard Time).
- Real Estate Japan
- 11:00 am
- This seminar will be held online and virtually hosted in Tokyo
Real Estate Japan is pleased to present the next installment in our popular series of free webinars on how to sell residential property in Japan.
As Japan and the rest of the world continue to be impacted by COVID-19, what should owners of residential real estate, including residential investment properties, know about the market and should you consider selling your property in this environment?
We’re faced with a lot of uncertainty as the worldwide pandemic is still unfolding, but objectively, interest rates in Japan remain at historic lows and demand for more spacious homes is increasing as people pivot to working-from-home. At the same time, supply of new condominiums remains tight, while sales of pre-owned apartments and single-family homes are surging. If you have been thinking about selling your property, is now a good time to sell?
In this webinar, we will be presenting objective, practical information about the market, selling process, and more.
This will be a co-presentation by GPlusMedia, the company which runs Real Estate Japan and PLAZA HOMES.
We will be covering the following topics:
- Presented by PLAZA HOMES
- When is the best time to sell real estate?
- The key to selling as high and fast as possible
- Advertise your property attractively
- Contracting and closing process
- Tax in relation to selling a property
- Introduction to PLAZA HOMES
- Presented by GPlusMedia
- The Japanese real estate market
- How to set the asking price
- Comparison method
- Capitalization method
- Depreciation method
- Steps to selling property in Japan
- 3 different types of real estate agent agreements
- Taxes and other fees when you sell property in Japan
Q&A session will be held at the end of the online seminar
Bring your questions and take notes, as we’ll be holding a Q&A session at the end!
Free, online consultations are available by appointment
Our partner, PLAZA HOMES, is able to provide highly personalized consultations based on your unique situation. For a private consultation, please indicate that you would like to request an appointment on the registration form. A consultant from PLAZA HOMES will contact you.
Properties currently for sale
All the agents listing properties on Real Estate Japan are able to assist clients in English and Japanese; some of our partner agents are also able to communicate in Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
Before attending the seminar, you may want to look through properties currently available on Real Estate Japan to see if there are any of interest. If so, you can inquire directly to the agent handling the listing by filling out the inquiry form on the property detail page. Please click the links below to see current listings:
Real Estate Japan regularly publishes articles on buying, selling, and investing in property in Japan, covering a wide of topics from data and market reports to macroeconomic trends and featured properties from around the country.
Here are a few of our most popular articles on home buying:
- Guide to buying a home in Japan
- Top 3 places where foreigners are looking to buy homes in Japan, outside Tokyo – August 2021 Edition
- Sales of pre-owned apartments and homes in greater Tokyo reach record high in 2021
- Average price of an apartment in Japan in 2021 — Ranked by Prefecture
- Questions to ask when buying a condominium in Japan
- Akiya banks in Japan — Links to vacant house databases by prefecture
- What to ask before buying a vacant house in Japan
- Where do foreigners want to buy homes in Tokyo? Here are the Top 5 most popular stations
Please visit the Resources section to see all of our articles.
Lead photo: iStock 478863778
Kenji is a General Manager of PLAZA HOMES’s Sales & Purchase division. His goal is to fulfill each client’s individual needs along every step of the property buying or selling process. He has been working in the real estate industry for over 17 years. Initially, he worked for a major real estate agency company (Mitsui Group) in Tokyo for five years. He then spent five years in the UK, where he graduated from university with a Property Studies degree and worked as a real estate agent in London. Developing his skills along with the experience of working overseas has made him confident in achieving his goals to enhance the satisfaction of both his Japanese and foreign clients.