How to Sell Property in Japan: Focusing on Tax Savings from Selling Your Property
A series of seminars for resident foreigners who currently own property in Japan and are thinking of selling. This session will focus on possible tax-savings from selling property. Doors opens at 6:45PM. The seminar will be held from 7PM to 8PM.
- Real Estate Japan Inc.
- 7:00 pm
- 4F Higashi-Azabu IS Bldg. 1-8-1 Higashi-Azabu Minato-ku, Tokyo
Real Estate Japan Inc. is pleased to present this series of seminars for resident foreigners in Japan who currently own property and are thinking about selling.
In the run up to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, many observers are saying that property prices, especially in Tokyo, have reached a peak. So if you own a home or investment property is now a good time to take profit?
In this seminar, we will be presenting objective, practical information about the market, selling process, and more, in a clear and transparent way so you can decide for yourself.
We will be discussing the following topics and more:
- Overview of the Japanese real estate market
- Taxes and other fees when you sell a property in Japan
- How to decide when to sell your property
- How selling a property can be beneficial for tax planning. If you have already filed your income tax return this year, you may have found that there are valuable tax-savings available when selling a property. This will be the special focus of this seminar.
- How to maximize your asking price when you sell your property (for residential properties, not investment properties)
- For vacant properties
- For the property you are currently living in
- For properties you are leasing out
- How to know if you should renovate a property before selling it
- How to maximize your asking price when selling your investment property
- How to set your asking price based on the rental housing market
- How to maximize your asking price by staging your property and how to advertise
- How to decide if now is NOT the time to sell your property
Private consultations are available by appointment
Our partner, LINC Inc., is able to provide highly personalized consultations based on your unique situation. For a free private consultation, please indicate in the form below a few dates and times when you would be available for a meeting following the seminar.
Real Estate Japan Inc. staff will be providing English-Japanese interpretation for speakers and attendees.
The seminar will be held in the meeting rooms at Real Estate Japan Inc., which shares offices with GPlus Media Inc. We are located on the 4th floor of the IS Building in Higashi Azabu.
This seminar is brought to you by Real Estate Japan Inc.
Real Estate Japan Inc., General Manager Yasuhiro Kitagawa
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan Inc. for six years, the last four as General Manager. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan Inc.'s investment support services for foreigners.
LINC Inc., Chief Executive Officer Shinichi Kawamura
After years of managerial experience at one of the world's leading homebuilders in Japan, he received an MBA while working overseas. He specializes in providing consultation services in the real estate industry by partnering with professionals such lawyers, accountants, architects, and designers, etc. to find optimal solutions for clients.
LINC Inc., Chief Operating Officer Daishi Yasa
Ten years of brokerage experience for both residential and investment properties at a leading real estate company in Japan. More than 1,000 people have attended his seminars in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.