Investing in Japanese Real Estate for Beginners: From Financing, to Finding a Target Property and Management
The latest installment in our series of seminars for foreign residents of Japan who are interested in getting started in real estate investment. Doors open at 6:45PM. The seminar will be held from 7PM to 8PM.
- Real Estate Japan
- 7:00 pm
- 4F Higashi-Azabu IS Bldg. 1-8-1 Higashi-Azabu Minato-ku, Tokyo
UPDATE: Registration is now closed for this seminar as a result of the approaching typhoon. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. To see a full list of current and upcoming seminars, please visit the main Real Estate Japan Seminar page.
Real Estate Japan Inc. is pleased to present the latest installment in our series of investment seminars for foreigners who are interested in taking the first step in Japanese real estate investment.
This seminar is designed for beginning investors, but we will be covering a wide range of topics from the process of buying a property in Japan, to financing and the specifics of finding a target property and ways to protect your investment and maximize your returns.
Topics we will be discussing:
- How your residency status can affect the financing terms you’ll be offered
- Which banks offer financing to non-Japanese buyers
- How property prices and rent levels have been changing in the Japanese real estate market
- How interest rates have been changing in Japan
- How to target suitable properties (supply and demand approach)
- Investing in a single unit vs whole building (pros and cons)
- Why it is important to check the repair reserve fund before purchasing
- Why it is important to use a guarantor company as an owner
- How to purchase property in Japan
Private consultations are available by appointment
For a private consultation, please indicate in the form below a few dates and times when you would be available for a meeting following the seminar.
Our partner agent, LINC Inc., is able to offer highly personalized consultation, including:
- Consulting with banks to find out how much you can borrow.
Provide Income/Expenditure spreadsheets for properties you are interested in, including costs involved in finding tenants.
- Property information from REINS (the Japanese version of the Multiple Listing Service) as well as additional information from local agents.
Who is this seminar meant for?
This seminar is designed primarily for foreign residents of Japan who are new to Japanese real estate investment.
Real Estate Japan Inc. staff will be providing English-Japanese interpretation for speakers and attendees.
The seminar will be held in the meeting rooms at Real Estate Japan Inc., which shares offices with GPlus Media Inc. We are located on the 4th floor of the IS Building in Higashi Azabu.
This seminar is brought to you by Real Estate Japan Inc. We look forward to seeing you there!
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan for six years. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan's investment support services for foreigners.
Chief Executive Officer
After years of managerial experience at one of the world's leading homebuilders in Japan, he received an MBA while working overseas. He specializes in providing consultation services in the real estate industry by partnering with professionals such lawyers, accountants, architects, and designers, etc. to find optimal solutions for clients.