Investing in Japanese Real Estate with Low Money Down
The latest installment in our series of seminars for foreign residents of Japan who are interested in getting started in real estate investment. Learn how to leverage your residency status to get preferential financing terms. Doors open at 6:45PM. The seminar will be held from 7PM to 8PM.
- Real Estate Japan Inc.
- 7:00 pm
- 4F Higashi-Azabu IS Bldg. 1-8-1 Higashi-Azabu Minato-ku, Tokyo
Real Estate Japan Inc. is pleased to present the newest installment in our series of investment seminars for foreigners who are interested in taking the first step in Japanese real estate investment.
We will be discussing the following topics and more:
- How your residency status can significantly change the financing terms that Japanese banks will offer.
- How financing terms differ for Permanent Residents versus working-visa holders
- Single-unit versus whole-building investment
- Buying a home for your own versus an investment property
- Getting mid-risk, mid-level returns by targeting properties with specific criteria that have proven to perform.
- Three big macro-economic and policy shifts that will cause the more properties to come online after 2020.
- Historic price data and price projections showing how residential property prices are on a declining trend and what to do about it.
- Upcoming changes to the earthquake-resistance building code and how this might affect your choice of property.
- As an owner, why you should use a guarantor company to manage tenant-related risks
- The importance of actually viewing a property (even when you can’t enter the property) and what to look for.
- Which banks lend to non-Japanese borrowers in Japan.
- And much more
Private consultations are available by appointment
For a private consultation, please indicate in the form below a few dates and times when you would be available for a meeting following the seminar.
Our partner agent, LINC Inc., is able to offer highly personalized consultation, including:
- Consulting with banks to find out how much you can borrow. For attendees who sign up for a private consultation, LINC Inc. will be able to contact suitable banks to help you get better financing terms.
Property information from REINS (the Japanese version of the Multiple Listing Service) as well as additional information from local agents.
Provide Income/Expenditure spreadsheets for properties you are interested in, including costs involved in finding tenants.
Who is this seminar meant for?
This seminar is designed exclusively for foreigners who are interested in taking the first step in Japanese real estate investment.
This is a unique opportunity to get objective information about investing in single-unit and whole-building properties in the Tokyo metropolitan area.
Real Estate Japan Inc. staff will be providing English-Japanese interpretation for speakers and attendees.
The seminar will be held in the meeting rooms at Real Estate Japan Inc., which shares offices with GPlus Media Inc. We are located on the 4th floor of the IS Building in Higashi Azabu.
This seminar is brought to you by Real Estate Japan Inc. We look forward to seeing you there!
Real Estate Japan Inc., General Manager Yasuhiro Kitagawa
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan Inc. for six years, the last four as General Manager. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan Inc.'s investment support services for foreigners.
LINC Inc., Chief Executive Officer Shinichi Kawamura
After years of managerial experience at one of the world's leading homebuilders in Japan, he received an MBA while working overseas. He specializes in providing consultation services in the real estate industry by partnering with professionals such lawyers, accountants, architects, and designers, etc. to find optimal solutions for clients.
LINC Inc., Chief Operating Officer Daishi Yasa
Ten years of brokerage experience for both residential and investment properties at a leading real estate company in Japan. More than 1,000 people have attended his seminars in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.