Online Seminar: How to Rent an Apartment in Japan as a Foreigner
Learn how to rent an apartment in Japan and some of the main issues foreigners face when looking for housing in Japan. We will also be introducing the Shinjuku area and apartments currently available in Shinjuku.
- Real Estate Japan
- 5:00 pm
- This seminar will be held online and virtually hosted in Tokyo
Real Estate Japan is pleased to present our first online seminar on how to rent an apartment in Japan as a foreigner.
In this seminar, we will cover the basics of how to rent an apartment and discuss some of the main issues foreigners face when looking for housing in Japan. Specific topics include:
- Rental apartment markets in Japan
- Procedures for renting an apartment in Japan
- Preparation and paperwork for applying for an apartment in Japan
- Why is it so hard for foreigners to rent an apartment in Japan?
- Language and cultural barriers to renting an apartment in Japan
- Why do some landlords prefer Japanese people over foreigners as tenants?
- Why is it so expensive to rent an apartment in Japan and what exactly is key money?
- Why are moving-out costs sometimes so high?
- Two things to be especially careful of when you live in an apartment in Japan
- Other housing options besides apartments
At this session, we’ll also be covering housing options in Shinjuku and what it’s like to live there. Shinjuku is one of Tokyo’s main commercial and transportation hubs and is also a popular residential area for foreign residents.
- Why live in Shinjuku?
- Shinjuku for foodies — Recommended restaurants and cafes
- Examples of apartments for rent in Shinjuku – Click to see apartments available now!
- Bilingual real estate agent in Shinjuku – Click to see our featured agent for the Shinjuku area
This seminar is designed for foreign residents and foreigners currently outside Japan who are planning to move here. Even if you’re currently outside Japan or live in Japan and don’t speak Japanese, we are able to help with your housing search!
Please note that the number of attendees will be limited to 20. Click on the link below to reserve a space.
We look forward to seeing you online!
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan for six years. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan's investment support services for foreigners.
Host Real Estate Japan
1. To register for this seminar click on the link below.
2. You will be taken to the registration form on GoToWebinar, our seminar platform partner site.
3. After you complete online registration, you will receive a confirmation email from GoToWebinar.
4. Click on the link in the registration email to join the seminar on the date and time of the event.
5. If it is the first time you will be joining us on GoToWebinar, you will be asked to install the GoToWebinar software on your device. Installation takes about five minutes.
6. Please note that the number of attendees is limited to 20 people. Once the registration limit has been reached, we aren’t able to add attendees to the list. We thank you for your understanding on this.