How to Rent an Apartment as a Foreigner in Japan
Learn the ins-and-outs of how to rent an apartment in Japan as a foreigner. We'll be holding private consultations after the seminar, help you find the perfect place, and book a room view for you on the spot!
- Real Estate Japan Inc.
- 4:00 pm
- 4F Higashi-Azabu IS bldg. 1-8-1 Higashi-Azabu Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0044
Real Estate Japan is pleased to announce our upcoming seminar and clinic on how to rent an apartment as a foreigner in Japan.
Whether you’re new to Japan or have been here for a while, you may be aware of some of the unique aspects of the Japanese housing market and the obstacles faced by foreigners trying to rent a home here.
This seminar is for you, if you want to get the inside scoop on why it can be so difficult to rent an apartment as a foreigner in Japan.
We’ve designed this session for people actively looking for an apartment in Japan for the first time or looking to move from your current apartment to a new place.
In this seminar and clinic, we will discuss:
- How to understand and calculate fees like deposit, key money, and agency fee.
- Why agents sometimes push certain properties and not others (because they get hidden incentives that their clients don’t know about!)
- Examples of typical Japanese apartments (layouts and sizes) and explain terms like 1K, 1R, which are unique to Japan
- What documents and information you need to have ready to apply for a rental property, as well as what questions you may be asked by agents because you’re a foreigner (and how to answer!)
- Best and worst times to look for an apartment
We will also be offering private consultations following the seminar. Our Bilingual Assistance Team will help you find suitable properties on Realestate.co.jp and book a room view appointment for you on the spot.
As a special thank you, each attendee will receive a ¥1,000 Amazon.co.jp gift card.
To attend this free seminar and clinic, please register below!
If you aren’t able to attend but would like a free in-person consultation with a member of the Bilingual Assistance Team, please fill in the form below to schedule an appointment.
GPM Housing Service ZeShi Tan
The GPM Housing Service representative, Mr. Tan, comes from Malaysia and has been living in Japan for more than 6 years. He understands how difficult it is for a foreigner to look for and rent an apartment in Japan. From a foreigner's perspective, he will give you a full overview of the real estate market, what you have to know about when renting an apartment, what documents you should prepare and much more.
Host Real Estate Japan Inc.