Webinar: How to Rent an Apartment in Japan as a Foreigner
Learn how to rent an apartment in Japan and the main issues foreigners face when looking for housing Japan. The webinar will be held live online from 6:30PM to 7:30PM on May 18th (JST).
- Real Estate Japan
- 6:30 pm
- This seminar will be held online and virtually hosted in Tokyo
Real Estate Japan is pleased to present the next online seminar in our series on how to rent an apartment in Japan as a foreigner.
In this seminar, we will cover the basics of how to rent an apartment and discuss some of the main issues foreigners face when looking for housing in Japan. Specific topics include:
- Rental apartment markets in Japan
- Procedures for renting an apartment in Japan
- Preparation and paperwork for applying for an apartment in Japan
- Why is it so hard for foreigners to rent an apartment in Japan?
- Language and cultural barriers to renting an apartment in Japan
- Why do some landlords prefer Japanese people over foreigners as tenants?
- Why is it so expensive to rent an apartment in Japan and what exactly is key money?
- Why are moving-out costs sometimes so high?
- Two things to be especially careful of when you live in an apartment in Japan
- Other housing options besides apartments
- New topics we’re adding in this seminar:
- Differences among 1R, 1K, 1DK, and 1LDK apartments
- Q&A session during the seminar
To get started, click below to see currently available listings:
Real Estate Japan regularly publishes articles on renting and living in Japan, covering a wide range of topics from featured properties in popular neighborhoods, how to save money on move-in costs, to practical tips and advice for setting up your apartment and your life in Japan! You can also check out our Area Guides to get in-depth info on dozens of Tokyo neighborhoods.
Here are a few of our most popular articles on renting an apartment in Japan:
- Tokyo average rent
- 1R, 1K, 1DK and 1LDK: What’s the difference and which should I rent?
- Looking for an apartment in Tokyo: Top 11 things first-time apartment hunters regret not asking
- Japanese Apartment Layouts: Japanese Apartment 101 Guides
- Top 20 places to live in Tokyo Ranked
- Upfront cost of renting an apartment in Japan
Please visit the Resources section to see all of our articles.
This seminar is designed for foreign residents and foreigners currently outside Japan who are planning to move here. Even if you’re currently outside Japan or live in Japan and don’t speak Japanese, we are able to help with your housing search!
Please note that the number of attendees will be limited to 30. Click on the link below to reserve a space.
We look forward to seeing you online!
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan for six years. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan's investment support services for foreigners.