Webinar: Is Now a Good Time to Sell Property in Japan?
Our first ever webinar on how to sell property in Japan, with emphasis on considerations for foreigners who currently own residential real estate in Japan. The seminar will be held live online from 11:00AM to 12:00PM on January 23rd (JST).
- Real Estate Japan
- 11:00 am
- This seminar will be held online and virtually hosted in Tokyo
Real Estate Japan is pleased to present our first ever webinar on how to sell residential property in Japan.
As Japan and the rest of the world continue to be impacted by COVID-19, what should owners of residential real estate, including residential investment properties, know about the market and should you consider selling your property in this environment?
We’re faced with a lot of uncertainty as the worldwide pandemic is still unfolding, but objectively, we know that interest rates in Japan remain at historic lows and demand for more spacious homes is increasing as people pivot to working-from-home. At the same time, supply of new condominiums remains tight, while sales of pre-owned apartments and single-family homes have recently spiked. If you have been thinking about selling your property, is now a good time to sell?
In this webinar, we will be presenting objective, practical information about the market, selling process, and more.
This will be a co-presentation by GPlusMedia (the parent company of Real Estate Japan) and Re/Max IREA.
We will be covering the following topics:
- Presented by GPlusMedia
- The Japanese real estate market
- How to set the asking price
- Comparison method
- Capitalization method
- Depreciation method
- Steps to selling property in Japan
- 3 different types of real estate agent agreements
- Taxes and other fees when you sell property in Japan
- Presented by Re/Max IREA
- Real estate market in the Kanto area (Tokyo, Saitama, Kanagawa, Chiba)
- Flow of real estate sales
- How property value changes as property a property ages
- What to know about real estate appraisal in Japan
- How to set the asking price, advice from an agent
- What to prepare if you want to sell fast, at the highest price
- Sale case study
Q&A session will be held at the end of the online seminar
Bring your questions and take notes, as we’ll be holding a Q&A session at the end!
Free, online consultations are available by appointment
Our partner, Re/Max IREA, is able to provide highly personalized consultations based on your unique situation. For a private consultation, please indicate that you would like to request an appointment on the registration form. A consultant from Re/Max IREA will contact you.
Real Estate Japan regularly publishes articles on buying, selling, and investing in property in Japan, covering a wide of topics from data and market reports to macroeconomic trends and featured properties from around the country.
Here are a few of our most popular articles on selling property in Japan:
- Sales of pre-owned apartments and houses in greater Tokyo hit record high in November
- Kansai new apartment sales prices climb for 8 consecutive months
- 7 situations when you should consider selling your residential or investment property in Japan
- What are the taxes and fees when selling property in Japan?
- How do you maximize your asking price when selling a property in Japan?
Please visit the Resources section to see all of our articles.
The seminar is free, but attendance is limited to 30 participants and we expect this session to fill up quickly. Please click on the registration link below to reserve a seat!
Yasuhiro has been with Real Estate Japan for six years. He studied and worked in the U.S. for over ten years before returning to Japan to work in the Japanese real estate industry. He is passionate about improving transparency and access to the Japanese real estate market for Japanese and foreigners alike. Yasuhiro is head of Real Estate Japan's investment support services for foreigners.
Prior to working in real estate, Aki led a Japanese tour group on a tour around the world and learned hands-on about the hospitality industry. She has continuously demonstrated outstanding customer service with a positive attitude that has led to a great real estate experience for those she represents. Her real estate career started in 2007, working as an agent at a large firm in New York City. She then returned to Tokyo, her hometown. Since she joined the US-based, worldwide franchise, RE/MAX, she has focused on providing fair transactions for foreigners and spends everyday helping them sell, buy, lease and rent property in the greater Tokyo area.
Real Estate Japan
1. To register for this seminar click on the link below.
2. You will be taken to the registration form on GoToWebinar, our seminar platform partner site.
3. After you complete online registration, you will receive a confirmation email from GoToWebinar.
4. Click on the link in the registration email to join the seminar on the date and time of the event.
5. If it is the first time you will be joining us on GoToWebinar, you will be asked to install the GoToWebinar software on your device. Installation takes about five minutes.
6. Please note that the number of attendees is limited to 30 people. Once the registration limit has been reached, we aren’t able to add attendees to the list. We thank you for your understanding on this.