Webinar: Why and How to Invest in Japanese Contemporary Art
Learn how and why to invest in Japanese modern art. In this exciting class you'll get the inside scoop on the benefits and risks of investing in alternative assets. The seminar will be held live online from 10:30AM to 11:30AM on December 5th (JST).
- Real Estate Japan
- 10:30 am
- This seminar will be held online and virtually hosted in Tokyo
Real Estate Japan is pleased to present the next installment in our online seminar series on why and how to invest in Japanese contemporary art.
Art can be much more than a way to decorate your home. It can also be a means to diversifying your investment portfolio, with increasing numbers of people at all investment levels buying into this asset class in the last few years. A 2019 report by The Art Basel and UBS found that the global art market grew at about nine percent in the decade from 2008 to 2018. In 2018, the global art market reached $67.4 billion, up six percent year-on-year. (Source: The Art Basel).
As with real estate or equities, art can increase in value over time, and like real estate, it is also an alternative investment for diversifying risk. So if you have an aesthetic eye, buying art can be rewarding aesthetically and financially. However, as with any investment, the art market has its risks.
Real Estate Japan is pleased to partner with TRiCERA for our seminars on buying Japanese contemporary art for the purpose of investment or simply for decorating your home. TRiCERA is an e-commerce platform and art advisory that connects Japanese artists with a worldwide audience. They list high-quality art and craftwork, all chosen by experienced in-house art advisors. The pieces come from established Japanese artists, as well as emerging artists in their field, with pieces starting from about ¥50,000 ($475).
- What is the Japanese contemporary art market?
- Evaluating art for investment
- Why the price of art goes up and down
- Why people fail in art investment
- 3 things to know before investing in Japanese contemporary art
- How to find art most likely to appreciate in value in the future
- Where to buy art
- Diversify your portfolio in art investment
- Good interior decoration for your home
- Exclusive art from TRiCERA
Examples of art currently offered by TRiCERA
Below are just a few of the 14,300+ pieces currently being offered by TRiCERA.
Properties currently for sale on Real Estate Japan
For those interested in investing in Japanese real estate, please visit Real Estate Japan, Japan’s leading international property website.
All the agents listing properties on Real Estate Japan are able to assist clients in English and Japanese; some of our partner agents are also able to speak Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
May we suggest browsing properties currently available on Real Estate Japan to see if there are any of interest. If so, you can inquire directly to the agent handling the listing by filling out the inquiry form on the property detail page. Please click the links below to see current listings:
Real Estate Japan regularly publishes articles on buying, selling, and investing in property in Japan, covering a wide of topics from data and market reports to macroeconomic trends and featured properties from around the country.
Here are a few of our most popular articles on home buying:
- Guide to buying a home in Japan
- Guide to Japanese real estate taxes
- What is the state of the Tokyo new condominium market and where is it likely headed?
- How much is my property worth? Top 5 things that affect the appraised value of investment properties in Japan
- 7 situations when you should consider selling your residential or investment property in Japan
- Average price of an apartment in Japan in 2020 — Ranked by Prefecture
- Questions to ask when buying a condominium in Japan
- What to ask before buying a vacant house in Japan
- Where do foreigners want to buy homes in Tokyo? Here are the Top 5 most popular stations
Please visit the Resources section to see all of our articles.
Lead photo: iStock stock photo
I studied abroad in NYU and worked in the UN as an internship. I joined Lang-8,Inc where I created and managed a language Q&A app, HiNative, as CMO. I worked with 25 global marketers from 17 countries for increasing HiNative users. In July 2019, I started my own company, Majisuke Corp, with 20 global marketers to help Japanese companies go abroad and get users from other countries. I joined TRiCERA as a marketer in October 2019 to spread TRiCERA around the world.
Yasuhiro is in charge of business development within GPlusMedia and integrates GPlusMedia with Gakken Group to build up synergy and new services/products across different channels to make it global.